A remarkable transformation
in the Epuni region.
Lower Hutt, Wellington
Kāinga Ora Homes and Communities
A pivotal moment to accommodate the most in need, the government investment of $1.5 billion in 2018 set the ambitious housing plan at Epuni.
Miles Construction was selected as the main contractor to bring to life the Oxford Terrace multi-residential development in 2021.
UNO contributed significantly to Kāinga Ora's project, enriching the three-story fully insulated homes.
The primary goal of the Epuni development plan encompassed:
- Building 32 modern, warm, and dry homes, predominantly one bedroom homes with a complement of three and four bedroom residences.
- Provide homes with low maintenance and fully insulated equipped with Low E double glazing.
- A gateway to homeownership, this affordable construction was facilitated, particularly for first-time buyers.
- Enhancing a new standard in neighbourhood refinement by improving the construction style.
- Mandating a Homestar rating of 6 for all homes, indicating they surpass the existing New Zealand building code standards.
Introduction to Homestar by New Zealand Green Building Council.
Good quality products to upgrade lifestyle
Focusing on providing good quality products that would upgrade the lifestyle while providing a safe home for the families registered at the Ministry of Social Development, UNO provided 146 windows & doors in Low-E glazing with exceptional performance, this glass can reduce up to 62% of heat loss compared to standard double glazing. This is crucial in providing comfortable, warm, dry, and energy-efficient housing.
With our end-to-end solutions, we were able to help Miles Construction conclude the project by experiencing our proven process based on good communication, focusing on adding real value from the initial stages through to the completion of the project.
A variety of window and door units were used across this project
Awning windows feature top hinges and bottom openings, complementing fixed windows for their style and practical functionality.
Sliding doors were incorporated into this project for their ability to offer a larger opening and facilitate seamless indoor-outdoor connectivity.